ActiveCampaign has become a big name in the digital marketing field. Look for any tool and, on the third-party integrations, you’ll find ActiveCampaign.
There’s a reason for that. The platform handles all the big aspects of your marketing, from email marketing and automation to sales engagement.
However, nothing is perfect and ActiveCampaign has some downsides that might lead to people looking for alternatives:
- There’s no free plan.
- Its free trial is only 14 days.
- The cheapest plan starts at $29 per month but it has a limit of 2,000 contacts. If you exceed that limit, the price quickly jumps.
With that being said, it’s time to look at some ActiveCampaign alternatives to find a platform that best suits you:
10 Best ActiveCampaign Alternatives
The first alternative on our list is Constant Contact, an email and digital marketing platform. Constant Contact’s Lite plan is only $12 per month!
Its new AI helps you create the perfect message in a blink and ensures your email is opened every time with recommended subject lines.
Constant Contact has also included SMS marketing as one of its features, proving that SMS is still relevant and useful for your leads.
- Lite: $12 per month. Includes 10k contacts and marketing CRM.
- Standard: $35 per month. Access to contact segmentation and drill-down reporting.
- Premium: $80 per month. View the email engagement heat map and access ad features.
Campaigner is a marketing automation service that offers a 30-day free trial, where you can try all its features.
Its lowest plan is higher than ActiveCampaign’s lowest plan, however, when compared to the number of contacts offered, it ends up being a much better option.
One of Campaigner’s cool features is its Reputation Defender. This proprietary technology proactively monitors your email list health to address any inbox placement or campaign performance issues.
- Starter: $59 per month. Includes up to 5,000 contacts and more than 900 responsive templates.
- Essential: $179 per month. Includes up to 25,000 contacts and dynamic content.
- Advanced: $649 per month. Includes up to 100k contacts and automation workflows.
HubSpot is an all-in-one marketing platform that has different software according to your needs. The HubSpot equivalent to ActiveCampaign is the Marketing Hub, which has a completely free plan and allows you to create landing pages.
You can use this tool to connect with leads across email, landing pages, forms and more!
- Free: automated live chat, forms and email marketing.
- Starter: $18 per month. Support multiple currencies and access email health insights.
- Professional: $800 per month. Access custom reporting, plus social media and SEO features.
- Enterprise: $3,600 per month. Get customer journey analytics and adaptive testing.
Brevo is a CRM Suite and an interesting alternative to ActiveCampaign since it doesn’t limit your contacts in each plan. On the contrary, you can have unlimited contacts even on its free plan.
With Brevo, you can run not only email campaigns but also SMS and WhatsApp campaigns, widening the ways to reach your audience.
It also has chatbots with visor intelligence. They will start conversations or trigger automated messages based on visitor insights.
- Free: send up to 300 emails per day and customize email templates.
- Starter: $25 per month. Send up to 20k emails per month and access basic reporting and analytics features.
- Business: $65 per month. Invite team members, A/B test and automate your marketing campaign.
- Brevo Plus: custom price. Access advanced integrations and tailored onboarding.
Back in the day, Mailchimp was seen exclusively as an email marketing platform. However, it has long grown since then and now offers plenty of marketing and automation features.
Thanks to its flexible pricing, you’re able to customize your plan according to how many contacts you have.
Mailchimp also has a new beta feature called Intuit Assist which uses AI to help you tackle the manual parts of marketing, like creating personalized emails, building ready-to-launch automations and more.
- Free: available if you have up to 500 contacts. Integrate with up to 300 apps.
- Essentials: starts at $13 per month. Send emails to up to 5,000 contacts and add two team members.
- Standard: $20 per month. Access the generative AI features as well as branded templates.
- Premium: $350 per month. Add unlimited users.
AWeber is a great ActiveCampaign alternative, especially for creators.
It has a free plan and low prices and it has recently launched an AI writing assistant to help you generate content. Just like with Chat-GPT, you can ask the AI to do plenty of things: summarize, rewrite, change the tone, come up with ideas, anything!
It also has Canva built-in and it integrates with tons of apps, allowing you to automate all your tools and save a lot of time.
- Free: up to 500 subscribers. Basic email support and one email automation.
- Lite: $12.50 per month. Get advanced message analytics and support 24/7.
- Plus: $20 per month. Unlimited landing pages and email automation.
- Unlimited: $899 per month. Have as many subscribers as you want.
Moosend is another very popular email marketing automation platform. It has a 30-day free trial and customizable plans that adapt to your number of subscribers.
Like many, Moonsend has welcomed AI technology to its team, allowing you to have a product recommendation tool. This tool will send recommendations categorized by your users’ similar tastes and hit home every time.
- Free trial: have up to 1,000 subscribers and create one landing page.
- Pro: $9 per month. Have up to 500 subscribers, send unlimited emails and create multiple forms.
- Enterprise: custom. Get an account manager, custom reporting and add more than 10 team members.
EngageBay is an all-in-one CRM software that has received plenty of awards this year. Besides its free plan, it offers free tools such as an email tracker and email validation that you can use as a Chrome extension.
Amongst its features, you’ll find rich formatting options on emails, subscriber filtering based on created data and much more.
- Free: for up to 250 contacts. Access video marketing and the autoresponder.
- Basic: $12.99 per month. Available for up to 500 contacts. Integrate with third parties and build landing pages.
- Growth: $49.99 per month. Email up to 3,000 contacts, code your own landing and A/B test.
- Pro: $79.99 per month. You’ll get a dedicated account manager and marketing automation.
Another great ActiveCampaign alternative that’s also great for creators is ConvertKit. Its user experience is top-notch and it has migration services to help you move.
ConvertKit also has more integrations than ActiveCampaign. These can be the difference between a subscriber who easily schedules an appointment with you versus someone who doesn’t. And that’s a loss opportunity to monetize.
- Free: for up to 1,000 subscribers. Includes unlimited landing pages, forms and broadcasts.
- Creator: $9 per month. Integrate with third parties and add one additional team member.
- Creator Pro: $25 per month. Unlock the newsletter referral system, subscriber scoring and advanced reporting.
Last but not least, MailerLite. With its set of intuitive solutions, MailerLite combines simplicity with power to offer you marketing automation, a website builder and more.
It has AI technology that helps you write emails similar to other writing assistants we’ve previously reviewed.
These are the plans for 500 subscribers:
- Free. Build up to 10 landing pages and access comparative reporting.
- Growing business: $10 per month. Send unlimited emails and sell digital products.
- Advanced: $20 per month. Access the AI writing assistant and the AI subject line generator.
Besides its free plan, it has a 30-day free trial to see all its features in action.
So there you had it. Our list of the 10 best ActiveCampaign alternatives.
As you can see, there’s a lot of competition and the choice isn’t easy. These marketing platforms are really good at what they do and they stay avant-garde. Proof of that is the number of times we’ve mentioned AI in this post.
However, if you ask me, I would go with Campaigner. It has a one-month free trial and features like the Reputation Defender, which makes it the perfect combination between accessible and powerful.
I also want to give a special mention to AWeber because its artificial intelligence technology is very cool. I advise you to give it a look.
Do you agree with this list?
Is there an ActiveCampaign alternative that slipped the list?
Tell us in the comments!