Today we’re going to take a look at the best email hosting platforms out there.
If you’re used to freebies like Gmail or Outlook, you might wonder why.
Well, these are great options for personal emails, not so much for businesses.
Email hosting providers help your brand look more professional with your company’s domain name and they make it easy to send and receive thousands of emails each day.
Besides, they generally provide strong security measures, as we’ll see in the list below.
The first on our list is Google’s email hosting.
If you’re a Google-centric user, this will probably be a great option for you. When you use Google Workplace, unlike with Gmail, you get a business address with the business domain name (rather than gmail.com).
Besides, Google offers strong security features and it’s endowed with tools designed to boost your business productivity. We’ve also covered the best Google WorkSpace alternatives here.
- Custom and secure business email.
- Phishing and spam protection block more than 99.9% of attacks.
- Retrieve valuable information, even from suspended accounts with eDiscovery and retention.
- Protect your communications with powerful security measures like two-factor authentication.
- Business Starter: $6 per user per month. It includes 30GB of cloud storage and security and management controls.
- Business Standard: $12 per month. Up to 2 TB of cloud storage.
- Business Plus: $18 per month. 5 TB of cloud storage, plus eDiscovery and retention.
- Enterprise. Have as much storage as you want and get S/MIME encryption.
Another industry-leading productivity suite that comes with email hosting is Microsoft 365. Whether you’re looking for personal or business solutions, Microsoft always has a solution for you.
Their combination of domain hosting and security makes it a great option.
However, it also means it’s a bit more expensive than other platforms.
- Easy administration.
- Email hosting with 50 GB mailbox.
- Plenty of cloud storage: the most basic plan comes with 1 TB of cloud storage.
- Shared calendars and secure internal messaging.
You can try it for free for one month.
- Microsoft 365 Business Basic: $5 per user per month.
- Microsoft 365 Apps for Business: $8.25 per month. Includes access to premium features.
- Microsoft 365 Business Standard: $12.50 per month. Easily host webinars and manage customer appointments.
DreamHost offers multiple services: website creation and hosting, WordPress website builder, domain name acquisition, and more.
Most of their web hosting plans include email hosting.
However, you can also pay for email as a standalone.
- Intuitive interface that helps you stay organized effortlessly.
- Strong email app to manage your emails anywhere.
- Archive as many mails as you want with their 25GB Storage per Mailbox.
- Machine learning algorithms that identify and block new threats and smart anti-spam.
- Shared Starter: $1.99 per month. You can add an email address for $1.67 per month.
- Shared Unlimited: $2.99 per month. Unlimited email address with your domain.
DreamHost also offers Google Workspace for a different price. So if you’re interested in shareable calendars and other features, you’ll need to pay more.
More than 75 million users globally, trust Zoho, with big customers like Netflix, Facebook and HP.
However, don’t let these big names scare you: Zoho is a hosting platform that offers a ton of storage for a really low price.
Among their email services, they have an Apple Watch app that sends you a notification when a new email arrives.
- Powerful control panel: smoothly add users, set up your policies, manage group names, and more.
- Message encryption through S/MIME and both end-to-end and at-rest encryption.
- e-Discovery: quickly discover your retain emails.
- Android and iOS app.
- Add a social media flavor to your mailboxes with Streams.
- Mail-only plan: $1 per month per user if billed annually. Access to email hosting for multiple domains, email and folder sharing, and collaboration tools.
- Standard: $3 per month. Attach files of up to 500 MB and access Zoho Meeting and Work Drive features.
- Professional: $6 per month. You’ll get 100 GB of Mail storage per user and S-MIME.
NameCheap helps you manage your emails, calendars, contacts and everything related to email marketing in an effortless way.
Moreover, they don’t just guarantee their Professional Business Email service — they use it. NameCheap keeps connected staff from different countries and continents.
- Jellyfish, their robust spam control. This self-learning tool neutralizes 2.6 million harmful emails a day.
- Brand impact tools: create signatures with images, colors, styles and shapes to match.
- Strong two-factor authentication: choose between U2F (Universal 2nd Factor) and TOTP (Time-based One-Time Password.
- Full mobile support.
NameCheap’s plans are customizable. Prices vary according to how much storage and mailboxes you need and you can try any plan free for 60 days.
- Starter: $0.91 per month. It comes with one mailbox, 5GB for emails and 2GB for files.
- Pro: $2.16 per month. Get full mobile sync support and 30GB for emails.
- Ultimate: $3.66 per month. It includes premium email service, 5 mailboxes and 75GB for emails.
GoDaddy is the world’s largest services platform for entrepreneurs around the globe. Their goal is to turn your small business into a big brand.
So, of course, they offer email hosting.
They have professional-looking emails that look great across different devices and sync automatically to keep your emails up to date.
- Automatically backup your emails 6 times a day and prevent accidental or malicious deletion.
- Anti-virus filters and 256-bit encryption
- Preview your emails before sending them.
- Manage your online space with custom widgets, including sports, news, etc
- Amazing customer support 24/7.
- Email essentials: $1.99 per user per month. You’ll get a professional email that matches your domain plus 10GB of email storage.
- Email Plus: $3.99 per month. It includes 50GB of email storage.
- Business Professional: $8.99 per month. This tier comes with Microsoft 365.
You can also purchase add-ons to get email archiving and more advanced email security.
This email hosting platform is the largest independent provider of Microsoft. Intermedia Exchange handles your email with amazing security and provides extra control over policy.
Moreover, as the foundation of Intermedia’s Office in the Cloud, Exchange Email can be bundled with up to 30 other Intermedia services.
- Unlimited mailbox storage on all plans.
- 99% financially backed Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Calendar and content management tools.
- Microsoft Certified technicians are available 24/7 phone and chat.
All plans include exchange email and its pricing varies according to its security and archiving features:
- Exchange email: $7.49 per user per month.
- Archiving: $9.99 per month.
- SecuriSync Backup: $10.99 per month.
- Microsoft 365 Apps: $14.99 per month.
- Compliance and Security: $16.99 per month.
Hostinger’s email hosting service runs on Titan client software, which includes apps for managing contacts and a calendar.
This platform is one of the most affordable options for hosting. They also offer website and WordPress hosting. And their lowest plans include a free email address based on your domain.
- Inbuilt calendar and contacts. You’ll be able to easily schedule meetings and start video conferencing.
- Unlimited email filters.
- Android and iOS apps to take your email with you
- Advanced security measures that protect you from spam and viruses, malware, ransomware, phishing attacks and more.
Hostinger offers a 30-day money-back guarantee on both its plans:
- Business email: $2.99 per month per mailbox. You’ll get 10GB of email storage.
- Enterprise email: $3.99 per month per mailbox. The only difference with the business version is that it comes with 30GB of email storage.
Scala Hosting has a decade of experience in email hosting and security. They’ve used this empirical knowledge to develop in-house cybersecurity.
Moreover, their amazing features amaze their customers over and over, making them choose Scala Hosting for an average of 7 years.
- Built-in security options: SShield catches malicious activity, immediately, gathers information, and sends the account owner a detailed report and a call-to-action.
- Filter your emails with a professional spam gateway and send encrypted data.
- Award-winning 24/7 hosting support.
- Startup: $2.95 per month. Up to 10 email boxes.
- Small Biz: $3.95 per month. Up to 50 mailboxes.
- Medium: $5.95 per month. It includes 10 email domains and 100 email boxes.
- Corporate: $14.95 per month. Get a dedicated email server with unlimited email boxes.
In case you’re not satisfied with Scala Hosting, they’ll fully refund you within 30 days of your purchase.
Email hosting platforms offer plenty of tools to have a professional presence through email. There are plenty of options out there, of course, but for this post, we chose the 9 best platforms.
They all pay a lot of attention to security and support. So your decision really comes down to which details matter most to you.
Some options are more affordable than others. Whereas certain platforms have interesting features that set them apart, like Zoho’s Stream tools or NameCheap’s brand tools.
And, of course, you can always stay with the classics. Google and Microsoft will certainly not disappoint.