When it comes to writing, nothing beats a human with good writing skills.
Communication is always done better between humans. However, we understand that sometimes you need to save time, and what feels more tedious than writing meta descriptions, right?
That’s why, today, we’re going to help you out by looking at some alternatives to a workforce.
In this post, we’ll list the best meta description generators out there!
These are AI writing tools that have specific features for this type of task. If you are looking for AI writing tools in general, please have a look at our other posts where we review some of them.
While AI writing tools are usually paid, the good news is their meta description generators tend to be free so you can have a taste of what the AI is capable of.
Now, before diving right in, let’s talk a bit about what are meta descriptions and why they are important.
Meta descriptions (or SEO descriptions) are the short descriptions people see when they come across your content in the search results. They sell your content to potential readers.
So, it’s essential they look professional to attract more click-throughs and improve your search engine optimization.
Three important things every meta description needs to have:
- a length of no more than 160 characters
- a Call to Action (CTA)
- and your key phrase or a synonym
Nevertheless, don’t be surprised if you don’t see your meta description when conducting a search!
Sometimes Google or other search engines don’t show the description you create. I know, it’s super sad.
Instead, they might pick a portion of the text from your post or a featured snippet, depending on the search query.
Still, you should always have meta descriptions on all your posts for the times Google does indeed want to show it. And don’t worry, thanks to artificial intelligence, you don’t have to waste your time on that!
So let us see:
Best Meta Description Generators
With big customers, such as eBay and Nestlé, Copy.ai is excellent to improve your creativity and write short marketing copy. They have very complete tutorials and blog posts to help you make the best out of Copy.
Moreover, they count around 90 content types to choose from.
Their meta description generator, like its other copy generators, shows you multiple options so you can select the one that sounds better to you. You can use the tool for free, but need to create an account first.
- Powerful free plan.
- Very affordable.
- Supports more than 25 languages.
- No SEO tools integration.
- Free trial: 7 days of free access, 100 runs a day.
- Solo: $35 per month. Unlimited runs and access to all the tools.
- Multiple seats: custom. Collaboration features.
Jasper (ex Jarvis, ex Conversion.ai) is an AI writing tool that helps you write a whole range of different types of content. You can write ads, product descriptions, and even long-form content with a Google Docs style editor in its higher plan.
With Jasper, of course, you can also generate meta descriptions, which will automatically include an urgent CTA (Call to Action).
- Plagiarism built-in.
- SEO integration.
- More than 25 languages. You can even input your product data in one language and get the output in another one!
- No free trial.
- Starter: $24 per month if paid annually. Write 20,000 words per month.
- Boss mode: $99 per month if paid annually. Unlimited words and project folders.
Both plans include a 7-day money-back guarantee.
With Rytr you can automatically generate high-quality content for numerous use cases: responses to customer reviews, website copy, emails, and much more.
Rytr is particularly good for project management since it lets you store and organize all your projects in one place, with a simple folder structure for both client and internal needs.
Similarly to CopyAI, Rytr’s meta description generator is free but requires you to have an account. Moreover, you can select the tone of voice of the output so the result looks exactly how you want!
- Seamless collaboration features.
- It supports 30 languages.
- Mobile friendly.
- Doesn’t have tons of templates.
- Free plan: generate 5,000 characters per month.
- Saver plan: $9 per month. Generate 50K characters per month.
- Premium: $29 per month. Unlimited characters.
Fun fact: “frase” means “phrase” in Spanish. Unlike most writing tools, Frase doesn’t use GPT-3 for content generation. They have their own proprietary AI model which allows them to provide more flexibility, custom features and competitive pricing.
Frase’s meta description generator is online for free and anyone can access it, no account is required! And it even lets you select the level of creativity you want your output to have.
- Online for free.
- It supports 8 languages: English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Dutch, Portuguese and Danish.
- It helps with research and briefing/outlining, besides writing.
- Doesn’t include a plagiarism checker, but recommends using one before publishing the AI content.
Frase has a 5-day month guarantee for its three plans:
- Basic: $44.99 per month. Includes one user seat and 30 articles per month.
- Team: $114.99 per month. Includes three user seats (you can add more for $25 per month) and unlimited articles.
- Enterprise: custom. Unlimited users and custom services.
You can get an SEO add-on and get unlimited AI-Generated Characters for $35 per month.
Like many others, Writesonic was born after Open AI had just launched GPT-3, about two years ago. Now the platform has an AI Article/Blog Writer, a Paraphrasing tool, and a Landing Page generator, as well as other features.
They also have interactive demos on their website so you can check out how it works.
Among its marketing tools, you’ll find SEO meta tags for blog posts and products.
- It supports 25 languages.
- Offers a free plan.
- Mobile friendly.
- No plagiarism checker.
- Free trial includes 6,250 words.
- Short-form: $10 per month if paid annually. Write up to 30,000 words.
- Long-form: $13 per month. Write up to 47,500 words.
INK defines itself as the only tool offering Natural Language Optimization (NLO). That’s basically Natural Language Processing optimized with a competitive analysis. So Ink will crawl the highest-ranking posts, see what makes them perform so well, and apply that knowledge to your content.
Their meta description generator is available for free for everyone with an account and it lets you select which tone of voice to use.
- Natural Language Optimization.
- Dyslexia and colorblind modes.
- Free plan.
- Doesn’t include multiple languages.
Ink offers two plans for their AI writer:
The paid plans have a 7-day money-back guarantee.
- Ink Free: get 5,000 AI-generated content outputs.
- Ink Pro: $25 per month if paid annually. Get unlimited AI words and access the NLO.
You can also go with their bundle:
- Ink Suite Professional: $60 per month if paid annually. It includes an SEO Optimizer, Content Planner Pro and other features.
Besides meta descriptions, they have multiple templates to choose from and Smart Copy will give you recommendations based on your brand’s profile. And they have a desktop app so you can use Smart Copy on any app.
- Simple, easy-to-use interface.
- Supports Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch, German and French.
- Chrome extension.
- No plagiarism checker.
Unbounce gives you three plan options:
- If you don’t need to write a lot, go with the Starter plan, which is COMPLETELY free. No credit card required, nothing. You have 40 credits monthly.
- The essential plan costs $19 per month and includes 200 credits per month and three profiles.
- If you want unlimited access to copy creation, unlimited profiles, and access to Writer, choose the Growth plan. It costs $49 per month.
As you could see, there’re plenty of great options when looking for a meta description generator. Usually, they come as part of a package with other AI writing tool features, which is awesome if you want to take the power of the AI to other use cases.
However, if what you desire right now is just a meta description generator and nothing more, then Frase might be the best solution for you since it’s online, for free and no account is required.
Still, all the tools in this list have really cool features to help you write anything. So, I recommend you check them out or head to some of our reviews of them so you can get a better sense of their benefits.
Have you ever tried a meta description generator before? Or do you prefer to write your own descriptions? Tell us your view in the comments!