If you’re looking for a time tracker but don’t want to use Clockify, today’s post is for you.
We’re going to give you the best Clockify alternatives out there. They all focus on teamwork, but most of them also offer solutions for freelancers!
But first, let’s remember why you should consider tracking your time:
Why track your time?
We all want to use our time wisely. However, that’s not always what we do.
Occasionally you lose track of time!
Raise your hand if you are a chronic procrastinator.
Being productive is hard!
Especially now with remote work. Your home doesn’t necessarily scream “get to work!”.
And if you are working on a project, whether on your own or with a team, well, optimizing your time becomes something significant.
That’s what time trackers are for. They hit productivity roadblocks.
Some of them even implement the Pomodoro Technique, which has become popular for studying and working.
Moreover, to know the budget of a project, you need to know how much time you spent on it. So, they are also a tool to help you with your finances.
Clockify is a time tracker for teams that’s very popular to manage your time. I mean, it’s the go-to app of Disney, Amazon, and Google…
And Clockify has many benefits, for example, it has a free forever plan.
However, if you want to edit profiles, have project templates, or even targets and reminders, you need to purchase one of its paid plans.
The reasons to look for a Clockify alternative can be many. It doesn’t matter. What matters is there are tons of options out there to suit your needs.
In the list below, you’ll find 7 great Clockify alternatives:
Cattr is antime tracker for teams. It was created by Amazingcat, a development team that works on several commercial projects.
As anprogram that’s not popular enough to pass Microsoft SmartScreen’s protection, Cattr offers different solutions for the peace of mind of its users. For example, they provide a link to build a desktop application from source code by themselves.
- Dashboard with hours worked, time zones, projects, etc.
- Reports with summary time for hours tracked, team members and users.
- Screenshot capture.
- It supports English, Danish, and Russian.
- It’s available for macOS, Windows, and Linux. It also has an iOS and Android beta app.
As anapp, Cattr is free!
Hubstaff defines itself as a productivity platform. It offers alternative solutions to track time and monitor the productivity of your team: Hubstaff Time, Hubstaff Desk, and Hubstaff Field.
The information below corresponds to the first service, however, they all track time. In fact, if you’re looking for a super-advanced tool, you should check out Hubstaff Field, which includes GPS location tracking.
- Easily shift scheduling, attendance tracking, and payroll and reduce admin time.
- Idle timeout and timesheet approval.
- See real-time updates for project budgets, expenses, and invoice balances.
- Over 30 app integrations including Slack and PayPal.
- Available for desktop, mobile, and web browsers.
You can try Hubstaff premium free for 14 days, no credit card required. Plus, you have a 60-day money-back guarantee.
- Free. Time tracking and limited payments.
- Starter: $7 per month. Includes 2 users, 24-hour support, reports, and one integration.
- Pro: $10 per month. Access unlimited integrations, teams, and timesheet approvals.
- Enterprise: customized. Higher limits on public API and VIP support.
Toggl is a beautiful, easy-to-use time tracker that’s designed both for teams and freelancers. In fact, THE professional tennis player Serena Williams uses Toggl to organize her life.
The software is so user-friendly, you can even add time entries manually in case you forgot to start the timer. A great measure for forgetful people.
- More than 100 integrations, including Notion, Slack, and Asana.
- Summary, detailed and weekly reports.
- Desktop, mobile, and web apps.
- Mobile app available in English, Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese, and French.
All premium plans come with a 30-day free trial.
- Free: for freelancers. Pomodoro timer, exportable reports, and automated triggers.
- Starter: $9 per user per month. View tracked time in your calendar and access pre-populated project templates.
- Premium: $18 per user per month. Project forecasts and analysis and team time tracking reminders.
- Enterprise: tailored solution for large organizations. Get volume discounts for large teams on their annual plan and manage multiple workspaces under one Organization.
With more than 70,000 companies and organizations using it, including Yale, Harvest is another great alternative to Clockify.
Besides its time tracking features, the app gives users compelling insights to keep projects running smoothly and understand where your time goes, and plan what’s next. They also have tons of learning resources to make the most of Harvest.
- Custom reminders to track time regularly and accurately.
- Reports: visualize team capacity, analyze time spent, keep track of internal costs, and more.
- Plenty of integrations including PayPal, Zapier, and Apollo.
- Track time on your desktop, browser, and mobile.
Harvest has a free forever plan that lets you work on up to 2 projects.
Then you have the Pro plan, which costs $12 per seat per month and gives you unlimited projects and seats. It has a 30-day free trial, no credit card required.
TimeCamp seeks to be a time management tool for the modern age. It helps you empower your team members by giving them a tracking tool to self-manage their work time.
That way, you avoid micromanagement while improving productivity!
TimeCamp has multiple integrations and is available for mobile. However, its mobile apps don’t have as many features as the desktop software.
- Keyword-based tracking: set up project-specific keywords and avoid switching between projects manually.
- Reporting: attendance, team performance, and other insights.
- Effortless invoicing: mark your tracked time as either billable or non-billable.
- Microsoft Edge and Chrome extensions.
- Free: unlimited users and projects. Create project templates and export reports in PDF format.
- Basic: $6.3 per user per month if paid annually. Integrate with all your work apps and set up budgets for tasks.
- Pro: $9 per user per month. Approve your teams’ timesheets and set up different billing rates for your employees.
- Enterprise: custom. Get a self-hosted server and personalized training.
6. When I work
When I work is a tool a bit different from the rest. It’s ideal for industries such as healthcare, education, and food.
Because besides tracking time, it lets you build schedules in minutes to makeshift management way easier. If the work you do depends on scheduling shifts, then When I Work is a great option!
- Secure team messaging: create a group chat or start private conversations.
- Schedule shifts: build a schedule in minutes and see team availability from the app.
- Clock: turn any device into a clock to track attendance, time off and breaks.
- Track employee hours and export directly to payroll and manage labor costs.
When I work is the only tool in this list that doesn’t include a free tier. However, its plans include a free trial.
- Essentials: $4 per user per month. Get up to 200 users and access standard scheduling tools and time and attendance options.
- Advanced: $6 per user per month. Includes advanced scheduling tools and unlimited users.
- Complete: $8 per user per month. Get everything on Essentials and Advanced combined.
TMetric says they are the most straightforward time tracking app. And the truth is, TMetric is indeed a simple and feature-rich solution for users.
Moreover, its lower plan includes unlimited projects and clients besides team and task management features.
- Manage PTO policy and track employees’ time off.
- More than 50 integrations including G-Suite and Office.
- TMetric has apps for desktop (macOS, Windows, and Linux), mobile apps, and browser extensions.
- TMetric is available only in English, Russian, and German.
All premium plans include a 30-day free trial, no credit card required. Fees vary according to team size. Here are the fees for a “team” of one person:
- Free: available for teams of up to 5 members. Includes a timer button in more than 50 website apps.
- Professional: $5 per month. It integrates with Google and Outlook calendar, plus it includes task management and activity levels for employees.
- Business: $7 per month. Capture screenshots and manage time tracking permissions.
If your team has more than 40 users, TMetric offers a volume discount.
Finding a work-life balance is not easy. I hope you find in these time trackers a tool to improve not only your productivity and work performance but also your mental health.
Increase your efficiency and your leisure time!
Happy time tracking!