Sometimes an ecommerce platform doesn’t have enough tools to help you increase your conversions.
So today, in this post, we’re going to go through the best WordPress sales funnel plugins on the market, their features and pricing.
We’ll also briefly remember what a sales funnel is for anyone that needs it and why you should use a sales funnel plugin. Let’s start.
What is a Sales Funnel
A sales funnel is a step-by-step process where you attract new potential customers and slowly lead them to your final goal: the purchase of your product or service.
Typically, a normal sales funnel follows these steps:
- Determine your target audience and run a paid ad on social media targeting that group.
- Lead them to your eye-catching landing page where they see your products.
- Place a discount to make the offer more appealing.
- On the checkout page, include an offer for a related product that the buyer can add on the go.
- Set a “Thank You” page.
CartFlows sums this up perfectly in the next image:
The funnel might differ and be more complex depending on what you’re selling.
Keep in mind, sales funnels work not only for selling products but for anything!
That’s why most of the options on the list below integrate with course selling platforms and are compatible with subscription-based products.
Why should you use a sales funnel plugin?
If you’re selling on WordPress, you probably use an ecommerce plugin. These platforms typically offer features to increase conversions, such as upsells and cross-sells.
However, they tend to be add-ons, and you have to pay an extra amount for each feature you desire. So, naturally, it ends up being pretty expensive. A quick look at WooCommerce will let you see what I’m talking about.
On the contrary, the sales funnel plugins on this list offer different price ranges for a whole package of conversion features; some even have free plans.
Best WordPress Sales Funnel Plugins
WPFunnels defines itself as the only funnel builder on WordPress with which you can both plan and design your funnels within the WordPress dashboard.
This funnel builder is constantly adding new features. For example, you can send data to Zapier and similar automation tools via webhooks.
- Drag-n-drag funnels mapping canvas to organize the funnel steps.
- Order bump, upsell and downsell offers.
- Pre-built templates.
- Design your pages with builders such as Gutenberg, Elementor, Oxygen and Divi.
- Integrate with WooCommerce and soon some popular LMS (Learning Management Systems).
WPFunnels Pro has a 15-day money-back guarantee and three paid plans:
- Small: $97 annually. The license is for one site and you get priority support.
- Medium: $147 annually. License for 5 sites, plus integration addons.
- Large: $237 annually. License for unlimited sites.
WPFunnels also offers lifetime plans and a free version of the plugin. The major difference between the free and the premium version is the last one has some complex features such as triggering one-click upsell offers after checkout.
If the name rings a bell, it is because OptimizeFunnels is a funnel builder that comes with OptimizePress, a WordPress landing page builder. The tool is available on the Suite and upper plans.
OptimizeFunnels takes you step by step to help you create the exact type of funnel you want to use. They also use an industry-first niche branding selector to make the funnel-building process easier and faster!
- Pre-made funnel designs.
- Niche branding options for your funnel.
- OptimizeUrgency: add scarcity alerts to your pages.
- More than 25 integrations with Zapier.
- Essential: $149 per year. You can use OptimizePress on one site and access thousands of conversion optimize templates.
- Suite: $299 per year. Use on up to 20 sites and access the sales funnel builder.
- Agency Standard: $499 per year. This plan is for building pages and funnels for clients and you can have up to 20 client sites.
OptimizePress has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Borned in 2018, CartFlows’ founders developed it as a way to have full control over every aspect of the buyer’s journey. The goal was to reinforce the buying decision every step of the way and they achieved it.
A proof of their excellence is their customer base: they have more than 200K users. They also have a super complete knowledge base as well as a Youtube channel with tutorials.
- Canvas Mode for visualizing complicated dynamic funnels.
- Conversion-optimized templates.
- Upsells, order bumps and others.
- A/B split testing.
- Integrates with LearnDash, WooCommerce, Elementor and more.
- Free forever: access to limited landing pages, checkout pages and other basic features.
- Pro: $239 annually or $999 as a lifetime license (you can split the payment in 4 monthly installments). Includes all the premium features such as field reordering and A/B split testing.
CartFlows has a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Upsell Plugin is our final WordPress sales funnel plugin on the list. Although not as popular as other solutions, Upsell Plugin has very cool features to build your funnel.
For example, you can offer free trials that automatically convert into a paid subscription!
Moreover, they’re open to suggestions and have a form you can fill out with feature requests!
- Unlimited one click upsells and down sells, as well as smart order bumps.
- 2-Step lead capture form.
- Offer free trials of your products or services.
- Zapier and LearnDash integrations.
- Directly integrates with Stripe and PayPal.
Upsell Plugin is constantly running generous offers, the last time I checked they had a 50% discount! They also offer a no-hassle 30 day refund period.
All plans include the same features and their only difference is the number of sites you can install the plugin on.
- 1 site: $147 per year.
- 5 sites: $247 per year.
- 10 sites: $ per year.
ClickFunnels is a sales funnel builder that includes a WordPress plugin. They explain everything you need to know about the sales funnel process on their website and do so with extreme clarity.
Personally, I find their super straight approach a bit rough, but their 101.1K users clearly disagree with me.
- Drag and drop
- Follow-up funnels: send highly-targeted messages to your customers through email, social, text, and desktop notifications.
- One-click upsells.
- Launch funnels, Tripwire funnels, and more!
ClickFunnels offers a 14-day free trial and two plans:
- Basic: $97 per month. Build 100 pages and up to 20 sales funnels.
- Platinum: $297 per month. Build unlimited funnels and access premium support.
Studiocart was created in 2020 by Nicole Evans with the goal of having a simple way to create sales funnels.
Indeed, unlike the other options on this list, Studiocart favors minimalism and beauty. They even have a quickstart guide you can check out to get on the right track!
- Easy-to-use funnel templates.
- Order bumps, upsells and down sells.
- Cart abandonment and coupons.
- ActiveCampaign, MailChimp and Zapier integration, among others.
Studiocart has a free plan with custom thank you pages and sales launch automation, but all the important sales funnel features come with the premium plans:
- Basic: $199 per year. A one-site license for unlimited funnels.
- Plus: $299 per year. A three-site license.
- Premium: $399 per year. A ten-site license.
This solution is for everyone that has a hosting account on WordPress with WooCommerce installed and activated. WooFunnels is a powerful plugin that lets you build unlimited funnels in all its plans.
Furthermore, this plugin is fully compatible with the WooCommerce Subscriptions plugin, making it possible to add subscription-based products to the checkout, order bump, and even for one-click upsells.
- Order bumps and one-click upsell offers.
- Ready to use templates.
- Abandoned cart tracking.
- Intuitive A/B testing.
- Integrate with Learndash and other LMS.
WooCommerce has two types of plans: those for one single site and those for up to 30 sites. These are the Solopreneur plans:
- Funnel Builder: $299 per year.
- Funnel Builder + Autonami: $399 per year. Connect with external tools such as Slack and Zapier.
Then you have the Agency plans:
- Funnel Builder: $449 per year.
- Funnel Builder + Autonami: $599 per year. Includes automated follow-ups via emails and rich customer profiles with a 360 degree view.
All WooFunnels products come with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
So which is the best WordPress sales funnel plugin of them all?
Good question. Well, there’s no one perfect option for everyone, but rather the solution that best suits your needs.
For a start, ClickFunnels and WPfunnels have affordable plans. However, the lowest prices are at the cost of having limited features. If you don’t have tons of pages or aren’t looking for a super complete toolkit of features, then they are great for you.
WooFunnels, on the other hand, is the perfect option for WooCommerce users. If you have WooCommerce, this is the most natural choice. And for those looking to create multiple landing pages and sales funnels, OptimizeFunnels is the best.
Now, the truly best option, in my opinion, is Upsell Plugin: it has really cool conversion features and it offers a 30-day guarantee, so going with them is truly risk free.
But let me know, which plugin you choose!
Would you add any to this list?